The Affordable Care Act: How’s That Working for Us?
On Monday, November 11, 2013 at the United Methodist Church in Salida, Colorado, the guest speaker, Cheryl Walker, Manager of Connect for Health Colorado in Chaffee and Lake Counties. used a PowerPoint presentation to explain how Colorado, like 15 other states, have developed its own website, called Connect for Health Colorado.
She also discussed:
- The current status of the Affordable Care Act in Colorado,
- The realities of the website—also known as the Health Insurance Marketplace or Exchange, and
- The intended consequences of the Affordable Care Act.
Connect for Health Colorado: If you are curious about the website exchange, you
can browse insurance plans anonymously, without signing in and without creating an account, by taking the following steps:
- Go to http://connectforhealthco.com/
- Click on the Individuals & Families picture.
- Click on Shop Now.
- At the bottom, center of the page find Do You Qualify for Financial Assistance OR at the top right of the page click on Browse Plans
- Enter Zip Code.
- Click Do I Qualify?
- Read the next page and then click Continue
- Then follow the prompts.
Cheryl manages an office with two assistants, whose sole mission is to help residents sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act. Their salaries are provided through a grant that Walker wrote, requesting $250,000 for hiring staff to provide outreach and assistance, in person, to people who need help signing up for insurance. Her office is in Room 143 of the Touber Building, 448 East First St., Salida. She can be reached at 539-7290 or [email protected]