Buena Vista, Granite, Monarch, Poncha Springs, and Salida
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization that
- – Encourages informed and active participation in government,
- – Works to increase understanding of major public policy issues,
- – Influences public policy through education and advocacy, and
- – Holds public meetings to present and discuss local issues.
With more than 95 years of experience and 850 local and state affiliates, the League is one of America’s most trusted community-based organizations.
Membership in the League is open to all men and women of voting age, members of all political parties and unaffiliated voters. The League does not support or oppose candidates or political parties.
Join us in making democracy work.
- March 23, 2017 4:30 pmGreat Decisions Discussions
- April 10, 2017 5:00 pmLWVCC Annual Meeting & Dinner
- April 13, 2017 4:30 pmGreat Dicisions Discussions
- April 27, 2017 4:30 pmGreat Decisions Discussions
On Monday, February 13th the Chaffee County, Colorado Commissioners Dave Potts, Keith Baker, and Greg Felt spoke about current and future issues facing our county. They also answered questions from the audience. The public was invited. The League of Women … Read more
*GREAT DECISIONS 2017 BV SCHEDULE Great Decisions is America’s largest discussion program on world affairs. The program model involves reading the Great Decisions Briefing Book, watching the DVD and meeting in a Discussion Group to discuss the most critical global … Read more
On November 14, 2016 the League of Women Voters of Chaffee County hosted a Community Event. The public was invited to discuss housing concerns in Chaffee County. The Guest Speaker was Marjo Curgus. It was held at the United Methodist … Read more
The league meets second Monday of each month toggling between BV & Salida.
Refer above for details and guest speakers for each meeting.
More about the League of Women Voters
Carpooling from BV is at the Family Dollar parking lot, leaving @ 10:45.
Your Chaffee County LWV is active in many ways … from Non-Partisan Forums to Informative Educational Opportunities.